Consider The Environment First!
This more eco-friendly process offers distinct environmental advantages even beyond traditional flame cremation. Through the Bio Cremation process, we create the following highlights…
- No vaporized mercury emissions and no filtration or abatement systems required. Note: Mercury from dental amalgam is contained and recycled not vaporized
- Caskets are not burned – protects our natural resources and produces less CO2.
- Low carbon footprint – 4x less carbon impact versus traditional flame cremation. Note: Reduces the use of fossil fuels and minimizes greenhouse gases/climate change
- Energy efficient – 1/8 the energy usage versus traditional flame cremation.
- By-product (effluent) is safe with no harmful chemical or microbial contamination.
- Preserves 20+% more bone fragments than traditional flame cremation.
- Embalming fluid is neutralized and cytotoxic drugs are destroyed in the process.
- Pacemakers do not need to be surgically removed prior to the process.
- Medical implants are unaffected and can possibly be recycled.
‘Green’ road to ‘greener pastures’ approved, May 7, 2010 (PDF)
Funeral homes seek to legalize ‘bio-cremation’ as a green alternative, May 4, 2010 (PDF)
Dying to be green, March 30, 2010 (PDF)
Funeral Business Advisor
Going Green, January 2010
American Chemical Society
Eternally Green: New Eco-Friendly Cremations And Burials, July 2, 2010